A properly functioning heating system is essential for all Idaho residents.
Who to Go to for Furnace and Heating Services in Idaho Falls
You have a few different options when looking for furnace and heating services in Idaho Falls, however, it’s important to trust heating system maintenance and furnace repair with only the best of the best. Modern PHE provides expert services at great prices.
When making your decision about your heating services provider, here are some qualities to consider:
Experience and Expertise
To get the best quality service, choose a contractor with experience. In this industry, knowledge and skill builds over time. It’s always best to go with someone who has worked on many heating systems before yours. A contractor with years of experience can quickly diagnose issues and offer you detailed advice about your system.
A good way to know if a potential contractor can provide the help you need is to hear it from their customers. Modern PHE has a high star rating on Google and was the winner of the Best of Greater Idaho Falls 2021 & 2022 Gold award for air conditioning, HVAC service, electrical, and plumbing. We earned our positive reputation by providing outstanding experiences to customers and long-lasting satisfaction.
Licensed and Insured
Don’t try to cut corners by asking a neighbor who’s handy with a few tools to take a look at your broken furnace. While it may seem convenient to work with your neighbor rather than a licensed professional, you’ll regret it if there are any accidents or damage. The benefit of hiring a licensed professional is the added insurance to protect against any damages. If something goes wrong while your licensed contractor works on your heating system, you won’t be stuck with the damage or repairs.
At Modern PHE, we specialize in the following services:
- Repair, Replacement, Service and Remodels
- Residential Equipment
- Natural Gas, Propane, Electric, and Heat Pumps
- Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Water Heaters, Fireplaces, Humidifiers, Unit Heaters, Mini Splits, Wall Heaters, Thermostats, Air Cleaners, Gas Piping, UV Lights, Dryer Vents, Basement Finishes, and Duct Cleaning
If you need any of these services, we’re here to help. We offer free estimates for replacements.
Modern PHE provides experience, expertise, strong customer reviews, and licensed and insured professionals. When it comes to choosing an option for heating services in Idaho Falls, we have everything you need to make your experience the best it can be.
When to Get a New Furnace or HVAC Unit Installed in Your Home
Many people delay getting a new furnace or HVAC unit until there’s a major problem. Unfortunately, this leads to efficiency problems, causing higher utility bills. It can also lead to a breakdown of your system during extreme weather when you need it the most.
The average lifespan of a furnace is 15-20 years, however, there can be huge variations in lifespan depending on how well the furnace is maintained.
Be proactive and watch for these signs that indicate your system might be ready for replacement:
- Extra Dirt in Your Home: Sometimes extra dust means your furnace filter needs to be replaced, but if you’ve noticed more dust than normal, it could be a sign your furnace is nearing the end of its life.
- Heating Inconsistencies Between Rooms: Old furnaces often struggle to consistently push air through a home. If you have unexplained differences in temperature throughout your home, it may be time to look into replacing your system.
- High Utility Bills: When your energy bill comes each month, be sure to check if it’s consistent with previous months. If your bills are consistently rising, your heating system may be breaking down, causing it to use energy less efficiently.
- Loud Noises: As a furnace ages, cracks and other structural damage can cause parts to rattle. When this happens, you may begin noticing buzzing or humming sounds. This is a potential sign to start preparing for a replacement.
- Frequent Maintenance: In the last stages of its life, your furnace or HVAC unit will need repairs more frequently. It’s often more cost-effective to replace your system early on, than to pay for numerous repairs over the years before finally upgrading your system.
If you’re unsure whether your furnace is ready to be replaced, we can help you determine if a new system is your best option.
How Often to Get Regular Maintenance Performed on Your Furnace or HVAC Unit
Keeping up-to-date with furnace or HVAC unit maintenance can go a long way in expanding the life of your system. Most furnace and HVAC units require once-a-year maintenance, especially if you have any type of warranty coverage, since most companies will not honor the warranty unless you can prove yearly maintenance has been completed by a licensed technician.
Many people choose to schedule this maintenance every Fall to ensure they’ll have everything properly working to stay warm in the winter. Setting a reminder in your calendar each year may help you stay on top of this important task or become a Service Club Member and we will keep track of when these services are due for you!
Get a Quote
Contact us to get a quote for a new furnace or to schedule a repair or maintenance. We’ll help you keep your heating system running effectively. Your home will stay cozy and comfortable all winter long.